A New Vibration, LLC
Change Your Vibration ... Change Your Life
Cleansing Breath – This is the act of taking and releasing an extended deep breath. Breathe in slowly through your nose for a count of 4, filling your lungs and diaphragm and hold for a count of 4. Then slowly exhale through your mouth for a count of 4 pushing all of the air from your lungs using your abdominal muscles. These counts are only a recommendation. Only take in as much air and hold it for as long is comfortable for you without causing yourself any distress.
Energy – The life force that flows through all living things and the universe.
Grounding – Forming a conscious physical and energetic connection with the soles of your feet and the ground. This assists with keeping you connected with the physical realm while meditating.
Mantra - Phrases that are repeated as objects of meditation.
When first starting out there are some simple preparations that you’ll want to make.
1. Find a quiet location where you’re not likely to be interrupted.
2. Turn off your cell phone or leave it in another room so that you’re not distracted.
3. Find a comfortable place to sit. This can be a sofa, chair, bench or even the floor. The import thing is to be in a comfortable upright position. Laying down or sitting in a slouched position can lead to you falling asleep which is a state of unconsciousness. Our goal in meditation is to obtain a state of altered consciousness.
4. If you can, you may want to dim the light in your meditation area, or turn the lights off and light a candle.
5. If you like, you can turn on some soft music. I recommend soft instrumental, sounds of nature, or Tibetan bowls.
Settle into your seat with your arms and hands in a comfortable position, either at your sides or in a natural position on your lap. Close your eyes and take a cleansing breath. As you inhale feel the positive energy of the universe filling your body, and as you exhale feel the negative energy of the stress and tension of the day slowly leaving your body. You can visualize the negative energy leaving your body through the soles of your feet as you are grounded with Mother Earth.
Focus now on keeping your breathing at a relaxed and steady pace. As you do this you’ll feel your heart rate settle into a more relaxed pace and the rest of your body beginning to relax. Once you’ve fallen into a natural rate of breathing focus on releasing the tension from the rest of your body starting with your toes and working your way up your body to the top of your head. As you release the tensions from your head, also clear you mind of any lingering thoughts. For any thoughts that do pop into your head simply acknowledge them and put them aside to address later.
When first starting, I recommend timing your meditation, 5 – 10 minutes is a good amount of time. There are several options for timing your meditation. One is to use a timer, I would suggest something that vibrates or sounds at a low volume so as not to startle you. Another option is to select a song or a group of songs that last around the amount of time you want to meditate. There is also the option of working with a recorded guided meditation.
As you practice your meditation you will develop a sense of when you are finished. It may be a script that you run though in your head that comes to an end. Or it may be a feeling that you’ve reach the state of relaxation that you were seeking, or the answer that you’re looking for may be revealed to you.
Just as you slowly worked yourself into deeper levels of relaxation and altered consciousness, it is equally important to slowly bring yourself back to your normal state of being. Gradually increase your awareness of the physical world around you allowing more conscious thought to enter your mind. Slowing becoming more aware of the feeling of seat that you’re on, the music that’s playing, and the background noises around you. As reach full awareness, take another cleansing breathe to “clear the cobwebs”. No slowly open your eyes and embrace your new reality.
1. Root – Located at the base of the spine in the tailbone area.
2. Sacral – Located in the lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in.
3. Solar Plexus – Located in the upper abdomen in the stomach area.
4. Heart – Located in the center of the chest, just above the heart. 5. Throat – Located at the throat.
6. Third Eye – Located in the center of the forehead between the eyes.
7. Crown – Located at the very top of the head.